[Public-list] Deck Beam Reinforcement Cost

David Fisher liquid_addiction at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 03:42:54 PDT 2005

As we're discussing deck beams, I wonder if anyone can offer me any advice.
I own #440, who has a liner and an aluminium mast support.  I have been
under the assumptionthat the aluminium beams are basically sound, however I
have noticed some sagging in the beam ( to the extent that it is difficult
to close off the forward cabin with the hanging locker door).  Can anyone
inform me on how they have strengthened an aluminiun beamed boat?

Cheers,
David
Kalitsah 440.