[Public-list] compass on sliding hatch

Roger L Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Wed Jun 1 10:14:40 PDT 2005

I have filled in the bridge deck cut out that contained the compass on #148 with the intention of installing a compass or two in the bulkhead at the aft end of the cabin house.  I noticed the May A30 calendar has a picture of a cute little girl straddling what appears to be a bulkhead compass mounted on the aft end of the main hatch.  Can anyone with experience using this set up opine on how it works? It seems like a good spot for a compass; amidships, away from electrical and metallic interference.  I also thought of building a teak hatch cover with the aft end curved up enough to mount a compass under but have come to realize that is a post retirement project.

Thanks,

Roger 148