[Public-list] air in fuel lines

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 06:52:33 PDT 2005

Is this a diesel or gasonline?

If gasoline, then your fuel pump is suspect.

If diesel - the check your fuel lines and how they are led. I had a similar
problem which was corrected by re-leading a fuel line that had a dip in the
line. Air would collect in the dip and eventually make its way to the
engine. It was a bitch to trouble shoot. I rebuilt the racor, tightened all
of the connections, changed filters, replaced the fuel pump, etc...and all
the time it was the dip in the fuel line.

Mike Lehman