[Public-list] 25' 1961 Whitby-Alberg design

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sun Jun 26 09:58:58 PDT 2005

Hi there -

What you have is likely a morph of the classic Folkboat design that Whitby
built in large numbers as the 'Continental Folkboat'.

They are good little boats and usually sell for $9,000 to $12,000 depending
on condition.

Carl Alberg did not have a hand in the design but there is a
relationship...the genesis of the Alberg 30 was a group of Toronto Folkboat
sailors giving Whitby Boatworks' owner Karl Hansen a specification for a
larger boat that would retain the characteristics of their Danish boats.
Hansen had been importing Danish built wooden Folkboats for some time, then
building glass ones over here.

Do you know the hull number of your boat?

Gord Laco