[Public-list] rudder bearing flange

Lincoln Finkenberg finkenbergl at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 13:09:56 PST 2005

American Sleeve Bearing carries what I hope is an adequate substitute for the rudder bearing flange - the only “flaw” is OD of the flange is 0.25" narrower. But it will be a priceless discussion piece - right at the captain’s feet too. I also got some bronze 2” length bronze sleeves I'll place in the cutout where 4" bolts pass to hold the rudder stock in place. My thinking is when I "tap" the bolts into the rudder it won't rip the epoxy/fiber glass. They also have a .5" ID 1" OD bronze sleeve that I'll use in conjunction with the 0.5" pin that will screw into the shoe and swivel within sleeve.

Many thanks to the members for the insight and tips - I think I could have spent several more afternoons researching this stuff and not have come upon this incredibly valuable help.

Cheers,

Captain Rock Bottom, Gypsy 138, Mamaroneck NY

Contact details for ASB are: Richard Toney
Director of Operations
American Sleeve Bearing LLC
1 Spring Street
Stafford Springs, CT  06076

800.969.2721
800.969.5966 FAX

860.604.2355 MOBILE

rtoney at asbbearings.com
www.asbbearings.com
He promises to make purchases painless - they also do custom stuff.