[Public-list] Help - Interior Lighting

James Schueler jschueler at familyempowerment.org
Mon Mar 28 07:04:33 PST 2005

Hello all.

I realize that this is a rather simple matter but it's one task that
I've never done on a boat before. I need to install interior light
fixtures on the Alberg and I saw overhead dome lights at Defender that
looked pretty nice. They also came with white and red bulbs which would
come in handy at night. The problem is this: how do I attach them to the
boat? Can I just drill a small pilot hole for the screws into the
overhead? No, I don't have a liner; it's a '66.

The other question is how do I hide the wires? I imagine they would look
pretty nasty running across the top of the cabin towards the lights.

Thanks,

James V. Schueler
"Oddyseus" #170