[Public-list] weight distribution/racing

Patty J Timbuktu5555 at webtv.net
Wed Mar 30 08:00:18 PST 2005

Last year, for the big regatta here, the 22 mile race to Daulphin Island
from Mobile Bay, Al....I purposely filled my water tank (160 pounds
extra ?) knowing that we were in for a big blow.  My thought was to have
more weight forward but not too forward.  I also knew my crew wouldn't
want to be sitting on the rail away from all the action in the cockpit.
As it turned out we did really well in the race, but I'm still not sure
if it makes sense to fill the tank.  Anyone have any ideas?

Patty
Timbuktu #461