[Public-list] Reefing lines to cockpit

Richard Mair fullkeel2000 at yahoo.ca
Sun Mar 6 17:58:12 PST 2005

We like it this way. We run 4 lines, one for each reef
point on the sail. That is 2 down the mast and the
other 2 forwart along the boom and then down the mast.
the main halliyard also runs back to the cockpit. This
way we can put in both reefs from the cockpit. The
lines ron thru blocka at the foot of the mast and
angle out to blocks on the outside of the main cabin.
Theese blocks are set so the lines end up running
beside the sliding hatch thru clutches. We also have
the downhall for the boom running back to the cockpit.
Six lines alltogether.
Richard.
--- George White <salty at ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> We are considering changing our jiffy reefing lines
> so they all come back to the cockpit of Close
> Harmony # 637, sailing out of Pictou NS Canada.
>
> We are interesting in the experience of
> others/suggestions or comments.
>
> Thanks,
> George & Kathy White