[Public-list] epoxy resin and matt

John Irving a30blueteal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:37:30 PST 2005

No, I was referring to the issue that George mentioned--with some mat,
the fibers use a binder that is incompatible with epoxy because it
requires styrene (found in polyester resin but not epoxy) to dissolve
it. In that case wet-out would be problematic whether you applied the
mat wet or dry. In your case, somebody else may be able to advise you
about what procedure to use to apply the particular mat you've ordered
using epoxy resin. I have not used mat with epoxy, nor am I familiar
with the technique. But I'm very interested to find out more.