[Public-list] Variation of A30s

Jay Davenport jay at saildriver.com
Thu Mar 24 05:39:34 PST 2005

Stephen,

This tank was designed uniquely for my boat, which has an Atomic 4 engine (gas). RDS could easily add a diesel return line if requested. The tank is heavy aluminum, with baffles, grounds, & fuel level sender installed. I also had them weld flanges to it to facilitate attaching the tank to the boat.

Here is how you place an order:
1. measure the space where you want the tank.
2. draw the tank you want, with dimensions you wish.
3. use your drawing to make a dummy tank of underlayment or cardboard.
4. test fit the dummy tank in the boat. This is important. Watch out for the deck scupper fitting. Allow clearance on top for connecting hoses.
5. call RDS and let them know that you are sending (mail, e-mail, fax) the drawing to them for a quote.
6. RDS will prepare a drawing of the tank on CAD and send it to you. If you agree with the drawing, you sign it & return to RDS.
7. Confirm a price with RDS. My last tank cost $253.00, plus UPS.
8. They will manufacture and ship it. Usually takes a couple of weeks.

Jay

"sousa, stephen (ENG)" <sousa_stephen at emc.com> wrote:
Jay,

Does this tank have the fittings for a diesel (return line) and also I
wonder if it would fit into the older A30 (1965). Also is this plastic or
metal?

Thanks,
Stephen