[Public-list] LED lights (shown in use)

Brian Palmer Bpalmer at DigitalArsenal.com
Mon Mar 28 12:39:32 PST 2005

That's pretty much what I did with my overhead lamps, glueing the wood discs
to the ceiling.  I did drill a single small hole to tap a screw for a wire
holder/clip, but it's tiny, could easily be filled, and doesn't go through
to the exterior.

I wasn't able to make it to the boat today to take photos... during the
day's heavy rains, my home sump pump decided to stop working, and we had fun
with the shop-vac :(

I did manage to find the website where I originally found these lamps used
for marine applications.  I previously only found very expensive and not
very bright lamps labeled for marine use.  These lamps are designed for
exterior mounting on trucks, I assume for running rights or something.  They
are very bright, although only available in red or amber.  The amber ones
make a nice bright warm glow and the red ones are brighter, but from the
website below, not necessarily better for marine lighting.

http://www.wbryant.com/StellaBoat/Projects/light/mctrim/led.htm

-Brian

Brian Palmer
Digital Arsenal, Inc.