[Public-list] Voltmeter wiring

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Mon May 2 09:19:51 PDT 2005

Gord,

To have the voltmeter to show the selected battery's voltage, you need
to connect the voltmeter's positive input to the OUTPUT point on the
switch. The other side of the voltmeter goes to any available 12 volt
ground (which will be common to both batteries).

When you set the switch position, it connects one or the other (or both
batteries) to that output terminal on the switch, so your meter will
read the voltage of whatever you've selected. By the way, I swear by the
little digital panel meter I installed 3 or 4 years ago to know which
battery to charge with my tricle charger.

--Dan S.
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the SKies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Itahca, NY