[Public-list] Weeping water tank (liner boat)

Andrew M Shaw andymshaw at juno.com
Mon May 2 19:15:17 PDT 2005

I am trying to reclaim the use of my original water tank. A PO had
retired it and put a bladder tank on top.  I have cut a hole for a deck
plate to inspect it. Inside looks quite good actually. I wondered why it
had been "retired".  So I filled it and it appears that it weeps along
the seam where the metal top is riveted to the molded-in tank. Does
anyone have any experience/suggsetions in how to seal this up. I thought
of maybe cleaning it thoroughly and building up with epoxy to reseal it.
As a last resort I suppose I could cut the top off and put a bladder tank
in the well but if possible I'd like to preserve the old tank.

Andy Shaw
St. Mary's River, MD