[Public-list] masthead toggles for OLD masthead

Dudley Baker dudley.baker at kongsberg.com
Mon May 16 12:59:56 PDT 2005

This is really a question for Stephen Souza, but thought others could benefit ....

Sorry to bother you on a subject that you probably have had enough of ---- I did not participate in
the group buy of the new masthead, and hence didn't pay a great amount of attention to the necessity
for a "custom toggle(s).  I am hoping that whatever solution you came up with for the new masthead,
that it will work on an existing masthead, (hull 297).

Here is the problem:  I had an old CDI furler that did not require a toggle at masthead.  I am
replacing it with a Schaefer 1100 series, (1/4"wire, 1/2 pins)  which does require a masthead
toggle.  The problem is that my opening at the masthead for the forestay is 7/16"  -- this is too
narrow for the standard 1/2"(pin) eye jaw toggle.  Would the custom toggle(s) for the new masthead
cure my problem?

Thanks much
Dudley Baker