[Public-list] Weeping water tank (liner boat)

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Thu May 12 08:53:23 PDT 2005

so the water would appear on the top of the tank and on the sole of the vee-berth? Based on the material in the maintenance manual, I understand that the fastenings near the sole are rivets - hence the  expectation of  water there.

Dave Terrell wrote:
> I have been looking more carefully at my boat on this issue and have
> a question - Where does the tank weep? I did have some water at the
> end of the winter season but think it came from loose hose clamps at
> the place where the water exits the tank. I tightened them and things
> seem a lot dryer now but would like to gave more info so I can do a
> better diagnosis of any potential problem. Then I can decide if I
> want to follow Mike's first plan - ignore it till fall - or his third
> plan - surgery. The articles in the Maintenance Manual were very
> helpful.

Usually it's through the rivets, but sometimes there can be other problems.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash