[Public-list] yanmar rear zinc removal

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu May 12 10:15:26 PDT 2005

Jim,

Do you have the 3GM series?

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: public-list-bounces at alberg30.org
[mailto:public-list-bounces at alberg30.org] On Behalf Of James Schueler
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 1:14 PM
To: public-list at alberg30.org
Subject: [Public-list] yanmar rear zinc removal

Anyone have any ideas on how to remove the bolt which houses the rear
zinc on a Yanmar? It's stuck, and in mean really stuck. I replaced
everything else on the engine before I left Kingston, NY on Tuesday but
was afraid that I might not go anywhere this year if the head snapped on
the bolt. After numerous attempts over the last 4 weeks I decided to let
it be for the time being. My guess is that it hasn't been replaced in
quite some time due to the same problem I'm having with it. I might be
better off leaving it until haul out in October but wonder about the
damage it might cause to the engine if the zinc is played, which is
likely. The only thing I haven't tried is heat.

Thanks,

James Schueler
'Oddyseus' #170