[Public-list] PHRF rating

Patty J Timbuktu5555 at webtv.net
Fri May 20 08:37:23 PDT 2005

Way down yonder here in Alabama on Mobile Bay the PHRF rating for my
boat is a whopping 240.  I am in the process of hopefully changing this
by changing my rigging so I can tweak things easier, thus making the
boat faster... for instance:  new sails, new outhaul, new bottom paint,
jiffy reefing, tuning the rig (amazing how I now have no weather helm!),
soon will have a ridgid boomvang (ahh, to be rid of that uphaul that
consistently gets twisted around that ceramic thingy up thar on the
backstay...ship to shore thing? not to mention that yoke preventer thing
can be dangerous in shifty winds).  PHRF rating was 243 when I first
bought the boat over two years ago.  Hoping to get it down to 216 one
day!  Of course lot's of that has to do with learning to race better, so
I've taken the North U course which was brilliant, by the way.

PS.  still looking for good used sails 110 - 130

Patty
Timbuktu #461