[Public-list] What does it cost to keep an Alberg on the coast of British Colum bia?

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu May 26 15:18:27 PDT 2005

Hi John -

I think that the best thing to do re cost of dockage is check out the
websites of marinas in the areas that are attractive to you.  You may also
wish to consider joining a club - while most levy an initiation fee, they
are much less expensive to keep a boat at in the long run.  The amenities
are usually better too.

With regard to insurance - my Canadian policy covers me basically as
follows:  $2 million liability and $22,500 value on the boat herself.

I figure between insurance, launch, haul-out, basic maintenance and
operation I spend about $2,500 per year on our #426.  (that does not include
this past winter's Awlgrip job!)

BC is really nice sailing - I'm sure you are looking forward to it.

Cheers -

Gord #426 Surprise on Georgian Bay