[Public-list] Opening Vents in the V-berth

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Thu Nov 3 11:09:26 PST 2005

I can now report to anyone who is interested that in the opening ports from Whitewater Marine Hardware (1-800-572-8871) that they fit just fine in the hole Whitby used. Neither cutting nor fiberglassing is required. Maybe a little putty at the most. I dry fitted one yesterday and all went well. The fore and aft screw holes on the trim right lined up almost perfectly with the holes on the WWMH trim ring. There may some merit in creating an inner spacer - because the width of the cabin wall is 3/8 " - I understand that doing this will strengthen the instalation. I  am pretty sure is is easy to do.

 If you call them, asks for Curtis.