[Public-list] Bilge

James Schueler jschueler at familyempowerment.org
Mon Nov 7 10:01:51 PST 2005

Hello everyone.

Would anyone have any idea why the bottom of my bilge is coming apart? I
pulled the boat out on Saturday and had it brought to the house Sunday
morning. As I started cleaning the bilge, large sections (2” x 3”) of
the bilge floor were loose and came up when I vacuumed the small amount
of water that remained. It would be easy enough to lay some fiberglass
in there, although nothing is too easy when working in that area, but is
that the best solution? Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Just for the record, and on another note, I have #170 which is my boat,
and #177 which belongs to a friend, sitting side by side in the
backyard. Quite a site in the middle of the farm lands.

Thanks,

James Schueler
#170 ‘Oddyseus’