[Public-list] Painting cockpit

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 13 09:43:27 PST 2005

The cockpit on #303 Emotional Rescue needs a coat of paint. I have taken off the camings and lazerret seat covers and given them 4 more coats of varnish. They look so good that the cockpit looks bad.

I will probably mask tape on the cabin face right before  the turn of the sides corner radius. What have others used to paint their decks, cabins, etc., including cleaning materials?

 I have the mast down horizontal and two layers of plastic "tarp" over the entire boat. It gets
 pretty warm under there when the sun is out, even in Chicago.