[Public-list] Securing your boat tarp

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 22 07:13:30 PST 2005

Hello all,

A trick I came up with that works well.  I fashion a 'ring' of dock line that encircles the keel.  I can then fasten the line from the tarp grommets to any point along this line to hold the tarp tight. I start at amidships and fasten the tarp toward the bow and stern a little at a time alternating sides.  I use a single line lacing method and use much less line for the tarp than fastening down to the trailer. I starded doing this the first year on the hard because I was resting on keel and stands and didn't want to tie the tarp off to the stands.The one flaw is that if either line fails then the whole mess could unravel and blow off.  This has never happened as of yet.  Homerun individual lines would eliminate this situation but take considerably more time to install. Forward of the keel and aft of the rudder post I fasten the tarp to itself.

Michael #133