[Public-list] 4200 or 5200

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 4 16:52:53 PST 2005

Patty:
Check with 3M for a couple of things including UV stability.  For some
reason,  I seem to remember it said that 5200 should not be used below
the waterline. It is not easy to get rid of it for sure. So if you
cannot get at it with a cutter of some sort, and a grinder/sander to
finish things off, using 5200 on the hull to deck joint might be too
agressive. If the use is just to bond the toe rail t  the deck,  I would
not use 5200 because the toe rail might be damaged for a local area and
even replacing and joining to that area would be difficult.
Don