[Public-list] Marine Heads

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Mon Nov 7 05:08:57 PST 2005

Well we used the head for the last time this season, and I see I was wrong
about the model - it is a Wilcox-Crittenden Head Mate, and the maintenance
kit is $65! So I will look for a sale and probably get a Jabsco.

Here's two more head questions.

1) Is there any good reason I can't make the head platform drain to the
bilge? Right now any spilled (or overflowed) water goes to the cabin sole.

2) The top of the bowl seems to be level with the original waterline. I'd
feel much more comfortable if it were at least a few inches above it! Has
anyone built a plaform for the head to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Mike
Rinn Duin #272