[Public-list] water in the keel

JohnI a30blueteal at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 14:15:06 PST 2005

John,
 I had a "weeping keel" last Fall. So, this Spring, I fixed a couple of
gouges at the leading edge of my keel, put on antifouling and everything was
nice until I filled my water tank prior to launching. Small water spots
started showing through the new antifouling. I understand my boat #284 has
an integrated water tank, and all summer I wondered if that was the source
of the water. Whatever the source, it was minimal because the bilges stayed
dry. After the water tank was emptied, I left it empty and used water
bottles for the remainder of the sailing season. The boat was pulled out a
month ago and not a drop has come through the keel. In the next few weeks
I'll be opening up that tank to have a look and then rebuilding it. I'm not
positive it was the source of the water, but it's the prime suspect. I hope
this helps.
 John, #284