[Public-list] Re: winter

Villo Marmei marmei_v at pathcom.com
Wed Nov 16 11:31:44 PST 2005

Yes....
Old oil contains Sulfuric acid residues and on Standing bearings corrodes
and eats the brass bearing liners away....Change your engine oil
religiously (Like Amen in church) at the end of each seasons  haul out.
Change the oil filter every Other year as the diesel engine hardly gets a
work out during the summer season
Also go and rotate the engine by hand several turns and times during haul
out....
Villo