[Public-list] Thru Hull Questions

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Mon Nov 21 12:34:06 PST 2005

Most of the folks on the list have either glassed over the thru hulls or
sealed them. Prior to glassing over the holes I called West Systems and
questioned their recommendation of 12-1 bevel and then reglassing. Comment
was that technique is used when a boat has been holed or you are not filling
a perfect situation/thru hull.

I to glassed over the holes, installed the Porta Pottie and two years later
installed a new head and holding tank. I would not install a Porta Pottie
again, I rather have the original designed head. Guess that is filed under
lessons learned.

Stephen
Carina Vela