[Public-list] Hull #-I want to know where to check to getthehull# on my A30 1968

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Nov 22 21:19:35 PST 2005

Robert Kirk wrote:
> At 05:08 PM 11/22/05 -0500, John Birch wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't want to disappoint you Mike - Windrose, KC 544, mid 1973
>> had an embossed serial number on her Stb transom.
>>
>> Most didactically yours, ; )
>

> It would be interesting to hear from Jay Davenport or Don Campbell who's
> numbers are about halfway between Gilleleje & Wind Rose.
>
> Bob Kirk
> Isobar #181
>
> p.s. John, as a didact, I'd point out that long before 544 there were no
> longer any KC's & US's; just one big happy family... :-)

Au, contrair, Pierre.  It's just that they didn't reuse the numbers.
Though the number embossed on the transom of Calypso, #543, seems to
contain a 544 (though the gelcoat's a bit smudged), and I think that
Windrose has a converse issue.  Whitby was consistently inconsistent.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash