[Public-list] Hull #-I want to know where to check togetthehull# on my A30 1968

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 23 08:42:35 PST 2005

Bob:
You have talked me into it again. I just went out to the shed and #469 does not
have any markings in the stern and # 528 does have. However, I believe the
stamped number does not comply with the format required today. (See
Professional Boat Builder  June/July 2001 pages 27-37 for an article on theft,
fraud and fire and how HINs can solve some of these problems. Those in the
industry are currently trying to get the HIN up to 17 digits to fit the same
format as VINs. and fit into the National Crime Investigation Cente system for
tracking units  for  criminal activity) The comment in this article says HINs
were required after 1972. The HIN for #528 is WBW305280173. I believe that the
current system is coded for month and year rather than as specified as above.
Don