[Public-list] Keel Problems

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu Nov 17 16:50:44 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/17/2005 7:22:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gdinwiddie at alberg30.org writes:

If you  could poke a small tube down there, you could pump dry air in and
speed up  the process.

James Schueler wrote:
> The sand is pretty wet. It  will probably dry given enough time of
> course. Then I suppose it's a  matter of laying some fiberglass over the
> top.

Acetone replaces water, and so speeds the drying process. If the boat is
sailed in salt water, and so salt water is in there, you will have to wash the
salt water out with fresh, before any drying technique of any description would
 be effective.

Has anyone consulted with a pro to find out if there are tried and proven
methods to repair this problem?

Lee