[Public-list] Old Hot Rods

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net dickdurk at atlanticbb.net
Sat Oct 1 03:11:09 PDT 2005

>Alternately, maybe he has removed all his interior >cabinetwork. I never
>heard of anybody doing THAT before...

>How about his head? Does it work properly? Was the >holding tank full when
>they got to Mackinaw (eeewwwwww...what poor measurer has >to check that!?!)

There have been in the past several, well, pushing the
envelope of one design standards. Cellar jacks under the
mainbeam, installing lower HP., lighter, more compact
(installed as far forward in the engine compartment as
possible)engines, owning two Albergs, one for cruising,
one for racing.

Mike Lehman raises a good point: no one wants to go around
policing boats for compliance. It really is supposed to be
a gentleman's sport, but how far does one really have to
travel to get to the spectacle of match racing team NZ
giant monohull vs. team Dennis Connor multihull?

My thinking is the protest route is the most pragmatic way
of dealing with the issue. Race, and if you win, espect a
rules committee visit. Every owner can decide for himself
if the modification he makes is worth risking forfeiture
of silver. Kinda self regulating, huh?

MIchael Grosh