[Public-list] fiberglassing

Patty J Timbuktu5555 at webtv.net
Sun Oct 2 15:12:24 PDT 2005

Thanks for all the advice.  After reading and hearing from everyone thus
far, I have decided on using polyester resin, mat (1/2 oz) and cloth (10
oz) and applying PVA to seal the air inhibited resin or perhaps a
finishing resin.  This is for the repair to the hull-deck joint.

Now, for the stantions that pushed through the deck...I haven't looked
to see if they have a backing plate.  Does anyone know the answer to
this?  A friend of mine told me I should put a block of wood under the
stantion to make it an easier repair but I would have to do this to
every stantion to make it look right and I don't like the idea of
changing the boat like that.

Patty
Timbuktu is gonna rise from the ashes...hey, perhaps I should rename her
Phoenix!