[Public-list] RE: Racing

Manza, John LTC PM LAV john.manza at us.army.mil
Mon Oct 3 06:02:03 PDT 2005

Saturday I raced in the Lake St. Clair solo which is put on by the Great
Lakes Single Handed Society.  The course ran about 40 miles from the
American shore just outside of Detroit to the Canadian side and then back
north to the American side.  A lot of crews from Ontario came over to race
for the weekend.  The weather was perfect for an Alberg 30.  Winds were out
of the south at about 10 to 15 knots and I was able to make about 6.0 for
most of the day.  After the race, I had about 15 different people come over
to tell me how beautiful the A 30 is and to ask questions about the boat.
Despite her 39 years, my boat took me to third place in the JAM B class.  It
was a great day to sail.  I am planning on making this race again next year.

John Manza
Jante II