[Public-list] Rules clip FWIW re: racing with outboard

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Sat Oct 1 05:00:19 PDT 2005

Thought those that are interested would enjoy reading below.
Likely inboard engine is part of the "standard equipment" of the boat and
is required as per the rules.

Part II Rules nad Regulations
 2. Standards:
The original plans and specifications on file with the Whitby Boat Works
or a certified copy of these plans acquired by the Class shall be
considered as setting forth official standards with respect to hull, spars
and rigging. An official listing of standard A-30 measurements and
specifications will be provided by the Rules Committee to members upon
written request.

 3. Eligibility of Boats:
It shall be the responsibility of the Rules Committee to insure that
member boats abide by the Class rules and specifications. The measurement
and certification of A-30s to be sailed in the Class championship shall be
under the control of the Executive Committee.
    The Rules Committee shall have the power to declare a boat ineligible.

4. Hulls:
All hulls shall conform to the design and specification of the A-30 built
by the Whitby Boat Works and shall remain unchanged so as to preserve the
one-design aspect of the Class. The hull standard shall be that of Hull
No. 57 which was built from the New Whitby mold in early 1965. All hulls
prior to Hull No. 57 are acceptable if maintained as originally delivered.
Alberg 30 boats supplied prior to hull No. 27 were supplied with
underweight ballast keels. Such boats shall be eligible for Class
competition upon inspection by the rules committee and certification that
a maximum of 460 pounds inside permanent ballast may be added and may not
be changed after inital certification.

18. Standard Equipment:
Standard equipment shall include all equipment normally supplied wit the
standard A-30 as of November 1, 1964. The Class Secretary shall maintain a
record of what constitutes standard equipment. Since the Class objective
is to promote one-design racing in a family-type cruising boat, the
selection of equipment over and above the minimum required shall be left
to the individual.

--
C.B. Currier
A-30 Ches Bay Rear-Commodore Racing