[Public-list] Anchors

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Oct 6 07:25:05 PDT 2005

Tom,

IMHO, I would recommend more than 5 feet of chain which holds the anchor
down. Everything depends on the bottom conditions concerning anchor type and
amount of chain. I have a Danforth and a CQR with 20 feet of chain (OUCH
says the back) but we have never dragged. I have an Anchorman Windlass that
needs to be placed on deck to eliminate this old guy from killing himself.

Stephen