[Public-list] Indianapolis Owners Meeting - News from the Midwest

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 15 07:37:46 PDT 2005

OH........... ;-) Good.  One never knows using Email.  The three of us thought that it was a bit of a hoot to have three Alberg 30's in land locked Indpls, IN.  We have been meaning to get together for some time now.  Two of us are currently 'land sailing' but we will try to meet occasionally to boost morale and exchange ideas and have cocktale hour, i.e., telling tales while sitting in the cockpit...............on the hard.

There is no question that we love our boats and are doing what we can to preserve them, though not at as fast a pace as we might like.  Dan has seven, yes count them, SEVEN daughters and I a house to remodel.  Joe is the lucky one with his boat in the water.  Hey Joe what about Dan and I crewing for you next season?  hint..hint.

This list is a big part of what makes owning an Alberg 30 so fantastic.  All are interested in what others are doing Algerging.  Even though only 700 or so Alberg 30's were made you see them everywhere.  Each time I travel anywhere I am attracted to the water and search out Alberg 30's in each marina I visit.  I was recently at Corinthian in Lincoln Park and spied two beautiful 30's a Red hull and a Tan hull named Quito? Both on the star docks. The tan boat also has a double headed eagle on the transom.  Hummm  with a name like Schroeder.......could that be your boat?

Michael #133

edward schroeder <eddiediver at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Mike; I was kidding. You wouldn't offend me in the least. Ed. Schroeder #303

Michael Connolly wrote:Ed,
Sorry about the jump to conclusions. The final name will be up to Commodore Traub. We will certainly not want to tread on other Albergers 'turf' as it were. Maybe a good name would be the Indianapolis Alberg 30 Association? How about that Commodore Traub?
Michael

edward schroeder wrote:
Coming from the lil' town of Chicago, where there are a number of Albergs, I only have one suggestion for your club name: The EASTERN Midwest Club. Ed. Schroeder #303

Michael Connolly wrote:Patricia and George,

Heartfelt thanks for your interest in the newly formed Midwest A 30 Group. While I missed this most recent gathering, I was present at the inaugural meeting back in August. I attach an email photo of this "august" group. From the left, Esq. Dan Walker, Commodore Joesph Traub, Scribe Michael Connolly. On August 24th our group met and decided that our claim to fame was to have the largest land-locked fleet of Alberg 30's in the world! While Dan and Michael have gotten 'behind' on our boat work projects we do dearly Love our Alberg's on the hard or otherwise. Scribe Connolly suggested that we all join forces to see if we could get one Alberg 30 on the water. Commodore Traub wasn't interested because his Alberg is already slipped at Cheboygan, MI on Lake Huron. The next order of business was the consumption of beer while inspecting Joseph's 'other' boat, a 24' Allied beauty. Before we knew it, it was time to adjourn with 'our' Commodore Traub sailing over the horizon in a
Highlander.

A great time was had by all, once we finally assembled in one place. Looks like there is a future for the Midwest Alberg 30 Group or the Indianapolis Owners Association, our tag line is yet to be finalized. I will defer to Dan and Joe to fill in the details of our most recent 12th of October meeting.

We are flattered that our Mother Group has taken us into the fold. Alberg 30 news will be forth coming from the 'most unlikely place on the planet', the Midwest.

Respectfuly submitted,

Michael Connolly, scribe

"Patricia O. Meinhold"
wrote:
If someone has a piece written up and emailed to me by Sat., it will
appear in the Nov. Mainsheet.
Thanks,
Pat