[Public-list] teak deck caulk

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Sep 12 10:03:49 PDT 2005

I have been looking at glue-down teak deck systems; it looks like they all
recommend thickened epoxy. But then they are all dealing with teak decks
glued to thin marine ply backs, so that is not the same as directly gluing
teak to the glass.

Unfortunately the teak deck systems all seem to cost darn near as much as
the boat.  That said, my wife has commented that if a teak deck will stop me
pining for a wooden boat again, it will be worth it...

Gord #426 Surprise