[Public-list] Alberg 30 for Sale

Just Dave davekruetzkamp at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 04:04:17 PDT 2005

Hi all boat sellers,
I too am in the market for my next boat.  An A30 is tied for first place in
boats I am interested in.  Two other Alberg designs share the top spot.

As a potential buyer, you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get owners to
part with information on their boats.  Maybe, deep down inside they hate to
part with their boat.....

I came across the attached spreadsheet and found it a good start on
information I'm interested in when I consider a possible boat.  I'm guessing
other potential buyers might share my interest.  Since Hotmail is a bit
goofy and other systems have their quirks, I've also copied the content of
the spreadsheet into the body of this note.  No doubt, the formatting will
be fouled up.  But you get the idea.

If anyone would like to send me additions to the spreadsheet, I'll try to
incorporate them.  Send direct to my email  davekruetzkamp at hotmail.com
unless you think its of interest to the list.

Sellers, you might also try responding to emails and questions;  and price
the boat within a few thousand dollars of what you REALLY expect to get.
You would not believe how many sellers price their boats in MULTIPLES of the
actual selling price.  I think they ultimately get less than they would have
originally because a lot of potential buyers bypass an overpriced (asking
price) boat without even looking at it.  Then, after months or even years on
the market and the boat shows the effects of neglect, they end up selling it
for salvage or thereabouts.

My minimal exposure to brokers isn't all that good.  They suggest a high
price for the boat to get your listing.  Hey, if it sells at that price,
they make a windfall, but they don't do a lot to sell the boat.   I looked
at a Pearson Wanderer/ Coaster  in VA, placed in the hands of a broker by an
absentee owner. Asking price around $10,000.  It was probably worth $6000
when the broker got it.  It was on his site.  Well the broker did zip to
sell it and even less to make it saleable.  He let it fill up with water
from the rains; the interior had water up to the settees, ruining the engine
and the interior. Broker's total effort when I visited (about a 500 mile
drive) was to tell me where the boat was located in the yard.  Final asking
price was around $2000 and then it went under the chain saw.  We could
probably use some sort of contractual statement to use with brokers;
assuming that they are going to do a lot more than arrange for a buyer to
see the boat could be a bad assumption.

Dave's Boat For Sale Check List							Length		32'5"
							Year		1965
							Builder		Pearson
							Model
							MC		8500 NK
							Hull #		205
							Boat Name

BOAT EQUIPMENT SHEET

Year	1965		Builder	Pearson		Model	Vanguard		Ballast
Length	32'5"		Beam	9'3"		Draft	4'6"		Cradle	X
Hull Color	White		Deck Color	White		Trim Color			Trailer
Construction	Fiberglass		Keel/CB	Keel'		Keel Mat'l			Headroom	6'
Sleeps	4		Tiller/Wheel	Tiller		Displacement	10,300
Engine Make	Atomic 4		Gas/Diesel	Gas		HP	30 HP
Fuel Cap.	15 Gallons		Water Cap.	20 Gallons		Waste Cap.	15 Gallons

SAILS:
	How many		Size	Material		Sail Maker			Age/Condit'n
Main		 							Unknown
Jib	 	 							Unknown
Genoa	 	 							Unknown
Spinnaker	 	 							Unknown

ELECTRONICS			INTERIOR			DECK GEAR			SAFETY GEAR

Auto Pilot	x		Cabin Sole			Awning			Anchor	X
Batteries	2		Chart Table	X		Dodger 	X		Anchor Rode	X
Battery Charger			Curtains	X		Main Cover	X		Fog Bell	X
Compass	X		Head Type	Manual		Sailbags	X		Bilge Pump	Manual
Depthsounder	X		Press. Water	X		Winter Cover			Blower	X
Knotmeter	X		Cold Water	X		Bow Pulpit	X		Boom Vang
Loran			Opening Ports			Cockpit Cush.			Dinghy	X
Shorepower	X		Ice Box	X		Dock Lines	X		Dinghy Motor	X
Stereo			Refrigerator			Fenders	X		Horn	X
VHF	X		Screens			Lifelines	X		Lifejackets	X
Wind Dir.			Shower			Roller Furling			Life Ring
Windspeed			Stove	Propane		Stern Ladder	X		Reefing Gear	x
GPS			Microwave			Stern Rail	X		Safety Harness
			Hot Water			Winches	5		Fire Ext.

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT:

ALL PARTICULARS ARE BELIEVED TO BE CORRECT, BUT ARE NOT GUARRANTEED.
									Price	$

Dave Kruetzkamp

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just
make the best of everything they have.