[Public-list] Pipe Berths?

John a30blueteal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:19:44 PDT 2005

A pipe berth is a canvas sling supported by a suitably-sized fold-away
aluminum frame, not unlike a camp cot. I presume you'd try to rig one over a
settee berth.
 You might also want to consider making the port setee berth into a
slide-out double berth.
 Check over the A30 carefully if you're planning to cruise with 2 adults and
3 kids. I think you'd be seriously squeezed, especially as the kids grow.
You might also want to consider an Alberg 35.
 Good luck.