[Public-list] Painting teak toerails

Robert E Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Tue Sep 20 09:54:01 PDT 2005

On Sep 20, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Rachel wrote:

> Oh, I forgot to mention that the boat I cruised on for years had
> (miles of) natural teak trim (unfinished), which was fabulous:
> naturally non-skid and rot resistant.  The silver-grey color is very
> pleasing.

The first few years we owned Wind Call we enjoyed the silver-grey
"finish". Then, on a  long cruise with time to spare, I made the
mistake of using a plastic scrubber and salt water on some of the teak.
That beautiful silver-grey color was dirt and I thought that the
reddish color under it looked nice. Worst mistake I've ever made - teak
maintenance has been a problem ever since!

Regards,
		Bob Johns, Wind Call, #397