[Public-list] toe rail

Bill Ydel bydel at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 20 14:09:47 PDT 2005

I am in the process of putting Cetol on my toe rail, to the best of my
knowledge, they have never been finished. I have the port and starboard
front sections off the boat and have put on 4 coats of cetol light followed
by 3 coats of cetol gloss. I must say that they are looking great.
Unfortunately, after 35 years, they are now so thin that I have to reinstall
them with exposed screws and finish washers. There is not enough teak left
for plugs.
I have Cetol on all the other teak and with a little annual maintenance it
has held up very well, even in the Charleston sun.

Bill Ydel
SallyB #441