[Public-list] Engine Question

ellen landrum erlandrum at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:43:16 PDT 2005

Jon-

We replaced our Graymarine o #72 with a yanmar 3GM- did all the work
ourselves and ended up ripping out the Graymarine beds entirely. Our new
beds are oak and very tall at their aftmost end. I'll attach a picture so
you can compare. We wrote an article for Living Aboard detailing the whole
process, which I can forward along if you're interested. My husbad's
response to your question was to make sure it's done really, really well, as
it was the most time-consuming part of our installation and perhaps the most
important. The last thing you want is a wicked vibration, which will wear
those plates down.

Good luck!
Ellen and John (Rubicon, #72)