[Public-list] Re: bow chocks

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Sep 20 18:05:37 PDT 2005

In a message dated 9/20/2005 7:59:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gewhite at crosslink.net writes:

I looked  at my bow chocks just now and they are neither on nor set
into the  toerails. They are inside the rails, through-bolted onto blocks
of teak  that are the same height as the rails. There are chromed brass
pieces  screwed to the rails on which lines rest, avoiding line-to-wood
chafe of  the rails and the lines.

Looks like a good installation  to me. Does not stress the rail at all.

- Gordon
Brigadoon  II

That sounds like an ideal chock arrangement. If Stargazer's chocks had been
mounted that way, they probably would never have pulled out in the first
place!!!!!! :)
Lee