[Public-list] Engine Question

JOHN GRAVES jg1111 at msn.com
Tue Sep 20 19:32:32 PDT 2005

Jon,
I replaced my Graymarine with a Perkins perama 30 (M30) in 1991. This engine is a 3 cylinder diesel 29 bhp. I paid $3,631.70 for the engine new in the crate including sales tax and frieght. I paid about $1000 for a guy to install the engine. He also installed a Drive Saver that I bought new for $120, a new coupling I paid $39 and an aqualift muffler. He did have to do some glass work on the engine bed. The whole repowering including engine, all parts, and labor was about $5000. I am so glad I did this and I wish that I had of done it sooner having made 2 trips to the Bahamas with the old Gray. I am also glad I installed the powerful 29 horsepower engine. Some might say I over powered it but there are times when I have been very happy to have that extra power. I would highly recommend it.
John (Trelawney #15)