[Public-list] Why , oh, why won't my glow plugs glow?

p.a.amos at tesco.net p.a.amos at tesco.net
Tue Sep 27 01:12:18 PDT 2005

Randy,I also have the M3 20B so if you find a definite cause I will be interested.Thoughts on this,does the motor spin over briskly?Maybe the injectors need a clean.Could it be the smoke indicates a compression problem?Are the connections on the glow plug solenoid clean and tight.The solenoid mounting bolts make a ground connection I think.
My own M3 20B will start without glow plugs connected,a little slower, maybe a couple of turns then it fires.That may be something to do with the ambient temperature in Florida.
Pete
TaitTait #478