[Public-list] Longitudinal Center of Gravity

JOHN GRAVES jg1111 at msn.com
Tue Sep 27 14:17:02 PDT 2005

Michael,
No, I'm not planning on leaving the boat hanging on the straps. I will need some type of trolley system to carry the boat to the bluff. The depth of the water at the lift will be the minimum I need at high tide so I can get the boat as close to the bluff as possible so the trolley will only have to travel the very minimum needed to put the boat on land. I think I will be able to get it so close that the bow will almost touch the bluff. I already have a great cradle sitting on the bluff that I found on the docks at a port terminal near to where I live and I tracked down the owner and bought it from him for $100. It is made of very strong steel with hinged pads on threaded adjustable stands. It was professionally made and is the strongest I've seen. It was used to ship boats on ships. It is the perfect size for an Alberg 30. I eventually want to put wheels on it or put it on some kind of trailer so once the boat is on land I can roll it into a shed to work on it. I also have 5 jackstands.
John