[Public-list] another outboard discussion

Robert Kirk isobar at bcpl.net
Fri Sep 30 08:39:39 PDT 2005

At 09:56 PM 9/29/05 -0400, J Bergquist wrote:
>[...]
>2. Okay if 9.9 hp is insufficient, then a 15 hp model costs only $500 more
>and still over $1000 less than a rebuilt A4. And - can you believe this -
>weighs the SAME as the 9.9! [...]

J That's not surprising. I'm told by the great ubiquitous "they"  (urban
legend?) that the two engines are exactly the same, and that the 9.9 is
merely a detuned (orifice restriction like race cars?) 15. That was done to
be able to sell the 9.9 in lakes where power was limited to 10hp. Not sure
it justifies the price difference.

Cheers,

Bob

Isobar #181