[Public-list] Why , oh, why won't my glow plugs glow?

Alan Slater alanslater at telus.net
Tue Sep 27 22:38:19 PDT 2005

Randy,
 The "black smoke" at start up gave me a thought.
I drive a deisel landcruiser and I have the same symtoms when I start up in
the morning. Now, I know that I need the injector nozzles rebuilt. They
should inject the fuel as a fine mist. The fuel is forced through the tip of
the nozzle, which is restrained by quite a strong spring, which produces a
fine ,even spray inside the combustion chamber. It doesn't take a long time
before this spring weakens and allows the nozzle to eject a squirt rather
than a spray, which is not condusive to efficient combustion of the fuel.
I might suggest to have your nozzles at least checked. Here in Vancouver it
costs about $45 each to have them rebuilt.
How was you trip to the Broken Group ?

Alan Slater
Romp