[Public-list] PHII head plumbing

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Thu Apr 13 15:40:36 PDT 2006

Here is what I found on the plumbing of the PHII on my boat.

1. From the seacock to the front of the head where the hose connects to
the hand operated pump.

2. from the back of the hand operated pump to the vented loop which is
above the waterline.

3. from the other side of the vented loop to the water intake at the
back of the head.

This arrangement uses very little water - pump outs are much more
widely spaced than before. Only modest amounts of water accumulate at
the bottom of the bowl. I think I could get more there if I wanted to
but there is enough to prevent odors and when the pump is used there is
enough water to move waste to the holding tank.

I sent George a number pictures of this arrangement and also of my
continuing freshwater repair process which is going quite well, thanks
to help from all of you and the maintenance manual.