[Public-list] Traveler Replacement

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Sun Apr 2 12:13:20 PDT 2006

I have a Garhaurer traveller. It is made of stainless steel and is very
strong and works great. It fit on the teak mounting Whitby provided with
no problems - I have a liner boat, if that is relevant here.  The price
is also very reasonable compared to others I saw in the catalogues.
Their phone # is 909-985-9993. Ask for Mark - he is a family member (its
a family business) and is the customer relations guy. He is very
helpful. I recommend them and their products highly. the only drawback
might be a desire for a lighter weight unit if you race.

David 432 - Talisman

>>> alberg.guy at hotmail.com 04/02/06 11:19 AM >>>
Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement mainsheet traveler for an
Alberg
30?

I've removed the existing track and one immediate issue presents
itself.
The original track is curved slightly to match the curvature of the
ridge
where the track mounts just aft of the tiller.  Must the replacement
track
be pre-bent or shimmed to match this curvature or will a stock straight

track be OK, i.e. will it bend naturally as it's through-bolted to the

ridge?  This is a question as much for the various manufacturers out
there
but I know somebody must have replaced their traveler system at some
point.

Thanks.